Pediatric Integrated Health
Managing your child’s medical health and mental health needs can be more than just a challenge.
Thanks to a new program in Iowa, LSI can help you manage your child’s entire health through a family-centered, coordinated approach.
Pediatric Integrated Health serves families in Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Chickasaw, Franklin, Butler, Bremer, Hardin, Grundy, Black Hawk, Buchanan, Tama, and Benton Counties.
Introducing pediatric integrated health services. It’s a team of LSI professionals who gather everything about your child’s total health – his or her health history, your worries, your questions and your goals – and we partner with you to create a plan for your child’s health.
You want the best for your child, and so do we!
What can you expect from Pediatric Integrated Health?
Instead of treating just a single aspect of your child’s health, such as behavioral issues, asthma or diabetes, you and your child’s team will focus on how his or her mind, body, choices and behaviors affect their wellness.
We will listen to your story. Your voice matters, and you are in the driver’s seat from the get-go. We will learn about your health, wellness and social goals and then work with other professionals and service providers to get your child on the road to a healthy, happy life. Our team can help:
- Organize the best possible care between your child’s school, doctor, therapist or others and guide you through the system
- Address your worries or concerns about your child
- Prevent hospital stays or unnecessary ER visits
- Help you and your child live a healthier, happier life all year long – it’s not just for when you are sick or having a tough time
Real-life examples of our support
Here are some ways we’ve helped families recently:
- Located a no cost summer day camp for the kids of a mom overwhelmed by her own health issues
- Found resources for reduced or no cost school supplies and uniforms for families with financial challenges
- Connected families with transportation services for certain appointments
- Helped a family get a timely psychiatry appointment when they had trouble scheduling with the office
- Attended a counseling session with a family who wanted reassurance
- Found a mentor for a child who was struggling with school attendance
Your Pediatric Integrated Health team
We coordinate your child’s physical and mental health through a professional team. Your team includes your family, a care coordinator, a registered nurse practitioner and a family peer support staff. Your peer support staff is another parent who has been in your shoes and can listen and encourage you along the way.
Your voice, your choice
Pediatric Integrated Health is voluntary for children who are eligible for Title 19 and have a serious emotional disturbance or mental health diagnosis that affects their ability to function. Your current services won’t change, and you won’t have to switch doctors. The goal is simply to help make your life easier and help you build a better, healthier life for your child. There is no cost to you.
Ready to take the first step? Call us at 319.233.3579, or complete our referral form and email it to .