Funded through the Iowa Department of Public Health and coordinated by LSI, Parent Pals is an innovative, comprehensive approach to strengthening families in Cerro Gordo, Clinton, Jefferson, Muscatine and Scott Counties through home visitation.
A Parent Pal, or family support worker, visits a family in their home to provide:
- Parenting information and strategies
- Child development resources and screenings
- Connections to community resources
- Support group information
- A listening ear
In short, a Parent Pal is a person you can count on.
Through a coordinated intake system, we help place parents in the program that best fits their life, using nationally accredited home visiting models, and make referrals to other services in the community.
Parent Pals is free, voluntary and for all parents who are pregnant or have young children. Eligibility is determined by the age of the child and an assessment process.
Thank you to our partner agencies:
- Child Abuse Council
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- Family Resources, Inc
- Genesis Visiting Nurses Association
- Hillcrest (Clinton County)
- Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency
For more information, call toll free: 855.BeMyPal or visit http://bemypal.org.