Date(s) - Saturday, August 14, 2021
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Council Bluffs Church of Christ
This course presents ideas on how you, as a parent or caregiver, can help your child become a better learner, even before they start school. The primary focus is on reading, a skill basic to every child’s success.
- When to get an AEA Assessment
- How to help your child in school
- Communicating with teachers
- Creating a good environment for learning at home
- Talk in colors and numbers
- Conversation – modeling and talking about the skills you want them to learn
- Skills a child should develop at every grade level, from kindergarten through the eighth grade, in reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- Using everyday activities to teach your children
- Activities that prepare a child to read
- To give caregivers information, techniques, and tools needed to assist their child’s learning, growth, and development
- To give social workers information needed to share with caregivers regarding a child’s learning growth and development
Instructor: Hector Villareal
This training has been approved for 3 hours of resource parent training credit.
At this time, we are asking all in-person LSI training attendees to practice social distancing and wear a mask during the session. Prior to the in-person training, please review and sign this COVID-19 safety guidelines acknowledgement form and bring it with you to the training.
Bookings are closed for this event.