Date(s) - Friday, July 30, 2021
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Riverside United Methodist Church
What is Building a Better Future?
Building a Better Future is a three-day workshop designed to train successfully reunified birth parents to be mentors to birth parents who have children in out-of-home placement. Our main goal is to support and mentor parents who have children in foster care by increasing communication and appropriate self-advocacy with those involved in the child protective case, increasing child safety, and decreasing time in out-of-home placement.
The primary audience members for BABF workshops are:
- Those who are in training to become Parent Partners
- Those who are currently serving as Parent Partners
- Those who are involved in their local Parent Partner Program
- Adult youth or foster care alumni
- Frontline workers/assessment workers from DHS and other child/family serving agencies
- Supervisors and administrators from DHS and other child/family serving agencies
- Foster parents – CASA workers
- Juvenile Court attorneys
- Family Treatment Court provider
- Kinship caregivers
- Community partners and agencies that serve families and children
This training has been approved for 13.5 hours of foster parent training credit.
Please RSVP here by July 9. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact Christine Fair at 641.980.6054.