You are not alone. LSI provides trauma-informed, culturally appropriate support to foreign-born survivors of human trafficking. Services are available for both adults and minors.
With our partners at the United States Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), LSI provides the following services for survivors of human trafficking:
• assistance in achieving certification from the United States Health and Human Services Office of Refugee Resettlement;
• trauma-informed, person-centered, comprehensive case management services;
• timely access to vital services that help to stabilize the ability to live independently;
• limited financial assistance;
• connection to community services, such as immigration legal assistance, housing, mental health counseling, medical services, and more.
TVAP services are available to foreign-born survivors (both minors and adults) of trafficking who are pursuing a T-Visa and/or Continued Presence.
For more information, contact Derma.Rivera-Aguirre@LSIowa.org or call 515.271.7381. We consider referrals from community members, anti-trafficking organizations, law enforcement, survivor organizations, attorneys/lawyers, and others.