Date(s) - Monday, March 16, 2020
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Family Resource Center
A peer education program for family caregivers of children and adolescents with mental health conditions.
NAMI Basics will help you:
- Recognize signs and symptoms of mental health conditions.
- Understand the types of services youth with mental health conditions need.
- Manage crisis that may result from mental health condition symptoms.
- Manage the stress that the stigma of mental health may cause.
- Access the care and support services needed.
- See the symptoms of a mental health condition as separate from the person with the condition.
- Take an active role in the treatment of the mental health condition and responsibly question care providers.
This training has been approved for 2 hours of foster parent training credit
Please print and fill out this certificate and bring it to the training. Have your caseworker and training facilitator sign the form to ensure you receive the CEUs available. Always notify your caseworker or recruiter of your intention to attend any of the training or support group events on this calendar. Acceptable proof would also include the signature of the trainer on either training materials or notes that includes the title and date of the training. Registration is needed with Calhoun County Public Health. Call Joleen Schmit or Nancy Seavert at 712.297.8323.