The Refugee Immigrant Guide (RIG) program supports refugee and immigrant families involved with the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) or Juvenile Court. As a community partnership of four organizations, RIG bridges the gap between families and the courts.
– Speak the clients’ languages
– Provide cultural context and interpretation
– Advocate for families
– Explain DHS and court processes
– Attend meetings to assist and support families
* RIG staff may attend court but will not interpret for the court.
RIG is a community partnership between EveryStep, Polk County DECAT, Child Futures International, and Lutheran Services in Iowa.